1.Name: David DeWalt
2. AKA - Nickname(s): Hey Davey, The Dewalt Factor
3. Band member since: 1989-2002
4. The primary function I serve in the band is as: Bass Player...Auxiliary
responsibilities included multimedia such as creating the first Pieces of Eight web
site, burning audio cds of the band, making a P.O.E. calendar, and finding the
artist for the cover of the band's first release "Room at the Top".
5. I can also fumble my way through: Trying to convince Al... I really wasn't
playing loud! :-)
6. I became interested in music when I was: A child who couldn't keep his feet
and hands from tapping. It drove my parents nuts!
7. I started to play music: in grade school... I picked up a trumpet and continued
to play trumpet through 10th grade where I decided that guitar was cooler!
8. Besides Pieces of Eight, I currently support other bands by: Providing the
money to purchase amps, guitars, drum sets, and sound/recording equipment to
my son who plays ALL the time!!!
9. Music is a fun hobby, But in real life in my day job, I am: an I.T.
Manager and computer consultant www.dqdcomputerrepair.com
10. Outside of performing with the band, I have a life. In my personal
life: dinner, clean the house, go to work, take the boys to school, pick them up
from school, do the laundry, do the dishes, help with their homework, do the
yard work, coach baseball and football and when I can... Sleep!
11. When not performing in a band I like to: write songs and poems, sit and
drink a cup of coffee on the porch, watch birds, take the dog for walk
12. My thoughts on Pieces of Eight are… How the hell do they continue to stay
up so late and Put-In-Bay is the place to see P.O.E. (.) (.)
13. My favorite band related saying is… "Not Tonight" although... my
youngest son (10yrs) just exclaimed "Worm!" as he tried to avoid stepping on
one they other day! LOL
14. My favorite memory of being in the band over the years is probably…
having all the band kids on stage at the Willowick Family Festival.
15. Oh, I almost forgot, I wanted to add… a thank you for letting me
come back on occasion and relive some of the greatest moments in my life!