1. Name: Ken Cali
2. Band member since: 1996
3. The primary function I serve in the band is as:
part time guitar plucker, part time complainer
4. I can also fumble my way through playing:
Flight of the Bumblebee
5. I started playing music when I was: 6
6. I started playing music because:
someone said “and a … 1, 2, 3, 4”
7. Besides POE, I currently perform and/or have performed in these other
BFD (www.BFDBluesBand.com), Ace Molar (www.AceMolar.com)
8. Music is a fun hobby. But in real life, I:
work for an Internet Service Provider & Network Consultant
9. Outside of performing with the band, I have a life. In my personal life, I
am: happily single
10. When not performing in a band I like to:
ride a bike and generally waste time filling out forms such as this one
11. My thoughts on Pieces of Eight are: few and infrequent
12. My favorite band related saying is:
“are you ready? are you ready? are you …..”
13. My favorite memory of being in the band over the years is probably:
1. The time Mike Casadonte couldn’t find his cell phone …… and got into a fight
2. The time Al Widmer blew his horn so hard, his mustache wilted!!
3. The time Dan Hannan told a joke onstage and no one laughed – oh, wait, that
was lots of times.
4. The time Bob Matzen got so drunk he “went” in the women’s bathroom!!
5. The time Joe Blatnik read an entire novel while playing a gig!
6. The time Kurt Kendig had sweaty hands and lost control of the band truck,
driving it off the ferry and into Lake Erie!!
7. The time Joe Lazar showed up on time and actually helped move the
8. The time Mike Butzback drank so much he nearly played a wrong note!!!
9. The time Jim Wilson feigned illness so he could get a helicopter ride!!
10. The time Bill Sekelsky tried to keep a drunken Bob from exiting the women’s
bathroom by using his “head”!!!
14. Oh, I almost forgot, I wanted to add: Al Widmer wears ugly shirts.